Sunday, December 16, 2007

End of the Semester

Perhaps there is some merit to the act of blogging. For years, I had thought of blogging only as an online diary, but now I see it as something that a teacher can learn from. How can you learn from it? Well, you can learn by reading other teachers blogs and seeing how they handle life in the classroom, you can share lesson plans, and you can share ways that you are helping your classroom advance either through technology or other classroom techniques. I really have learned that there is a lot that can come from looking at your colleagues websites.
I have come to appreciate the ways that technology can be used in a classroom, and even in your personal development. Not only have I had the chance to learn more about my own profession, even in the ways that it can be used in the larger educational spectrum, but also the ways that it is connected to other forms of the arts. I really have been impressed with how useful it is all together. I hope that we, as performance arts teachers, can continue to share our knowledge with each other through things such as blogs and websites.

No comments: